January 27, 2008

Want an Autograph??

The article on doulas came out in the paper today. There is a huge picture of me with Annika and our children. I am pretty happy overall with how it all came out. I am a little critical of myself though. I think I could have said some things in a better way for my quotes and I wish my belly wasn't sticking out in my picture (partially because of the way I was standing and partially because I'm overweight). I'm really so glad that the paper did an article on Doulas. At least some women who might not have known about this option will be able to have better birth experiences. Now I just have to prepare for the flood of interest. I don't know if I'm being a little too optimistic, but I know I'll get a few calls from it. I'm already busy this year, but I never mind attending a birth. I also certainly don't want all the attention for myself. I plan on referring to other doulas also. Although there are only 2 others I know of right now.
I will post a link to the article as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Abbey Road said...

I haven't seen the article yet, but I have heard that it was great from more than one person. Good Job!! Hey, if you get any "charity" phones calls, you can send them my way. :)