January 02, 2008

My 15 Minutes

I'm gonna be famous! Well, I kinda felt like that today. I had a photography session at the Times Free Press and then an interview. They are doing a story on Doulas for the Healthwatch Magazine which is in the paper twice a year. I may even get put on the cover! The worst part was I had a zit beside my mouth and the best part was that more people will learn about doulas. It should be coming out in February. If you miss it, don't worry, I'll have about a dozen copies to share. I may even get some more work from it. I truly believe what I do helps women and I hope that comes across in the article. I have several births coming up and I can't wait. I will be attending my first homebirth soon. It is always so exciting to attend a birth. I hope these go as well as my last one did.
On a yuckier note, we've had a lot of sewer problems and Jeremy had to spend a lot of time on that yesterday. He has finely gotten a temporary fix, but we may have to do a lot of work this spring. This is in addition to all the other work our house needs and we're in the middle of doing. Sometimes, I wish we would have stayed in an apartment. At least we will be moving soon if we can sell this house.

1 comment:

Abbey Road said...

That's awesome Amy! And I am so glad that you are getting a lot of work! Thats great that you are getting to do your first homebirth, that is what I would like to do exclusively.