January 25, 2008

Catching Up

I have spent the last several days trying to catch up on things. Miriam was behind in homeschooling since she went to Columbia and then I was gone all day Tues. We have been doubling up to make up for those days. My house is a wreck. I really need to spend some time cleaning, but between homeschooling and everything else, I haven't done much yet. Plus I am still waiting for a call from my last client this month. It could come at any moment so I feel like I have to be prepared. I have been getting ready for my bible class on Sunday because I'm not sure when I'll be called or even if I'll make it. Plus I am still recuperating from the birth Tues. I still feel tired and really want to lay around. Anyway, I feel all out of sorts and out of routine.
In the last 2 days I have had 3 more couples hire me to be their doula- 2 in March and 1 in July. I have so far been busier this year than the 3 years before. I certainly don't mind, but my family and I will have to get used to it.
On a different subject, the other day Lily was nursing (yes, I believe in extended nursing) and I thought to ask her what "Num Num" tasted like. She immediately said "strawberries". I have always thought that breastmilk was sweet, but strawberries can be tangy. I thought that maybe she said that because strawberries are one of her favorite foods. So I asked Miriam if she remembered what it tasted like. She said "Sweet, sweet, sweet, sour". So maybe breastmilk has a strawberry taste. I wonder if they could come out with a strawberry flavored formula??

No comments: