January 20, 2008

Home Again

So, I have my Miriam back. It really was not so bad for the 5 days and 4 nights she was away, but I could definitely tell something was missing. It's hard the first time your child doesn't need you. She was supposed to come home earlier, but when I talked to her she said "No" and quickly got off the phone. Wah!! I can tell she is glad to be home, but I also know that she will leave again. She is growing up! On that note, she lost her second tooth tonight. One day she will leave me once and for all, but I don't want to think about that. She always promises me that she will live with me forever. She said when she gets married, her husband would move in too. I'll let her believe for now that I think this will happen. Not that I would mind, but I know her wishes will change when she reaches that age. Miriam and I are really kindred souls. We get along so well and like so many of the same things. I love Lily to death, but sometime I just don't get along with her. Of course, things may change as they both grow up. I really love having daughters. My mom and I are close and I look forward to my relationship with Miriam and Lily growing. My girls are so wonderful and so different. I am saddened and excited at the same time as I watch them grow. It is times like this that I really empathize with my own mother and agree with all those says- "They grow up so fast", "Enjoy them while you can", etc. Something my own daughters will learn one day.

1 comment:

Abbey Road said...

I'm glad your little Miriam is back with you! I know you were missing her! Thanks for coming over Friday!