January 10, 2008

Feels Like Friday

I know it happens to everyone, but today really feels like a Friday. I have to keep reminding myself that in reality, it is Thursday. I wonder why this happens. Is it because I have already done enough this week to fill 5 days? This has been a busy week. We have started back homeschooling, been painting the Living Room, and cleaning house. I'm also feeling rather lazy today which is normally a weekend feeling. Or is it just wishful thinking that the weekend is here? I am really looking forward to this weekend. I'm having a friend over tomorrow, my mom and nephew are coming to visit, we're having dinner at a friends house, and Jeremy is taking the kids to a car show (so I get time alone). Plus, I plan on having all my chores done tonight so I don't have anything to do this weekend.
Well, whatever the reason, the girls and I have had a good "Friday" so far. We went out for lunch and got groceries. I love to grocery shop (yep, it's true). It goes back to that getting a good deal thing. I love to compare prices and products and see what I can get for my money. The bad thing about this is that it takes me a little longer to shop. The girls are usually good for about 15 minutes, then they start finding things to entertain themselves. Whether, it's touching everything (which inevitably will make something fall), fighting, or talking/singing loudly. Today, they were confined in a race car buggy so I only had to deal with fighting and Lily's occasional "I'm stuck". I'm also in a 'let it slide' kinda mood today. We usually have better days when I'm in that mood. Not that they get by with anything, but I don't sweat the small stuff. So we'll see if their daddy is in a 'sliding' mood when he gets home and tries painting while I cook dinner!

No comments: